DRIVER EDUCATION ONLINE COURSE $150
Important – Please Read
About the Course
1 Stop Driving School have partnered with the National Driver Training Institute to provide our students with the online classroom Virginia Teen and Adult Driver Education Course. The program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel-efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
Online Driver Education Course: $150
You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver’s education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home-schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
Instructions For Taking The Online Course
- To register for the online driver education course, complete the registration form below.
- Once the course has been paid for in full, the student email provided (parent email, if under age 18) will be sent the login information for the course. This includes a username, password, and link to enter the course.
- The student logs in and begins the online course as instructed.
- The student receives a directive at the end of the course to return to 1 Stop Driving School to take the final exam. The student is given written verification of completion of the theory portion of driver education. This document verifies that the student has completed the portion of the course and is ready to take the final exam.
- 1 Stop Driving School licensed instructor logs into the course and opens the testing site for each student who presents the written verification of completion document entering their seven digit student authorization code.
- The student takes the final examination online in the presence of 1 Stop Driving School licensed instructor.
- The course grades the test and reveals the results. If the student passes the course, the instructor will receive the certificate of completion for that student and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course or issue the certificate to the student when there is a request to transfer. If the student fails the examination, the student will be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again. No refund.
1 Stop Driving School
3018 West Mercury Blvd
Hampton, VA 23666
Hours of Testing
Wednesdays and Saturdays 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
By appointment only, call 757-262-1446.
On the day of testing, you must bring the following to the test site:
- Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school-issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
- Proof of completion of the online driver education course
- A completed “Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Examination” (DTS 62), if you are under age 18 – Click here to view and print the form DTS 62
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park)
- The online driver training school will provide a computer for testing
If you have any questions or comments about the course, call us Monday through Sunday, 24 hours a day at 757-262-1446. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, call the National Driver Training Institute help desk Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm (Central Time) at 1-800-942-2050. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to promoting transportation safety through the certification of quality driver training programs. If you have comments or concerns about this course, call the DMV toll-free number 1-877-885-5790.
Complete This Form to Register For the Course
You will be contacted to make payment arrangements